WoTL’s Annual General Meeting will be held on November 29, 2023 and applications are now open to apply to become a WoTL Board Director! If you have a passion for supporting the development of women in agriculture, we would love to hear from you. We are looking to add to our skills-based board, broadening the diversity of skillset, age, experience, gender and geographic location.
WoTL’s vision is a thriving agricultural industry that recognises the influential contribution of women. As a not-for-profit WoTL provides insightful leadership through collaboration and exists to amplify the positive influence of women in agriculture.
WoTL produces outcomes by identifying and delivering responsive and effective initiatives such as delivering professional development and creating networking opportunities. Working with partners and funding bodies WoTL delivers inspiration and growth across Australia.
With its headquarters in South Australia, registered with ASIC WoTL is a Company Limited by Guarantee under the Corporations Act 2001.
About the opportunity
WoTL is seeking applications for members of the WoTL board. As a board member you will, in conjunction with the Chairperson and other Board Members, contribute to setting the strategic direction of the organisation and play a hands-on role in leading and supporting the organisation through an exciting period of growth and development, building on existing programs that are held in high regard within the agricultural sector.
Directors serving a term on the WoTL Board of Directors are expected to participate fully and share in the strategic governance of the organisation, on behalf of its membership and in service to women in agribusiness. The position is voluntary, and directors are expected to contribute 100-150 hours per annum. Terms are of 12 months duration, with the option to re-apply.
To help meet WoTL’s planned growth strategies, applications are encouraged from the eastern states of Australia and a variety of agricultural sectors including viticulture, forestry and fishery, as well as from within South Australia. Applicants with skills or experience in adult learning programs, governance or legal skills in particular are encouraged to apply. WoTL is committed to creating an inclusive environment and maintaining a diverse and highly skilled board.
About the role
Directors must have a demonstrated commitment to WoTL and its values, have expertise and capability in leadership and governance, sound business acumen and a focus on delivery of strategic outcomes. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate high level experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Commercialisation and product development with a strong customer focus.
- Relationship management and networks with a focus on building partnerships. Networks across agriculture and/or the agricultural service industries will be considered an advantage.
- Industry knowledge/experience in agriculture, agribusiness and/or regional development, with cross-sectoral experience considered an advantage.
- Marketing, promotions and communications, including through mainstream and social media platforms.
- Finance and financial management.
- Information and communication technology.
- Innovation, disruption and change management.
- Program design and evaluation.
- Legal knowledge or contact and policy development.
- Development and/or delivery of adult learning programs.
For further enquiries and How to Apply
All enquiries regarding this position will remain private and confidential. For a Director Information Pack and details on how to apply, contact Kim Blenkiron, Executive Officer or 0427 592 243 or email@example.com